Monday, March 3, 2008

Impromptu Panini


I love paninis but I don't have a panini grill at my apartment. However, I do have a George Foreman grill... so being the creative spirit I am, I threw together a panini for lunch.. with random ingredients I happened to have on hand.

Turkey, mozzarella, and basil panini
Ingredients:
  • french bread (or focaccia, or anything else you have)
  • deli sliced turkey
  • thick-sliced mozzarella
  • basil leaves
  • fresh peppercorn, salt to taste
  • extra-virgin olive oil
1. Slice bread into two halves. Drizzle each side with olive oil. Add some salt and freshly ground peppercorn to taste.
2. Layer turkey on one half of the bread. Add thick slices of mozzarella and basil leaves.
3. Grill sandwich until golden brown and crispy.

SO delicious! Probably going to add this to my lunchtime repertoire...




No comments: